Top Ten List:
Rachel Rossano’s Top 10 Things to do in Inside the House (in no particular order)
1) Watching movies with her kids. We have a new tradition of family movie night with the kids. My husband and I have introduced them to classics like It’s a Wonderful Life and Harvey as well as the Marvel movies they have missed until now because they were too young.
2) Reading books. As an author, I know this isn’t a huge surprise, but it needs to be said. I do love a reading afternoon or evening tucked in bed or snuggled on a couch with a large cup of tea.
3) Binge watching a previously watched show. Leverage, White Collar, and Castle are all favorites. My kids have gotten hooked on Leverage right along side me. It is fun that they are getting old enough to enjoy the same shows as me.
4) Designing book covers. It is a bit of cheat because this is one of my jobs, but I do enjoy playing around with images and learning new techniques in my free time, what little I have.
5) Doing Puzzles. We are just introducing our kids to the old favorite from earlier in our marriage when we didn’t have a TV or a DVD player. I have hopes they will enjoy it as much as my husband and I do.
6) Cooking. I rarely enjoyed cooking when the kids were very young. However, as the kids have grown to take over other chores, I have been enjoying cooking more and teaching the kids how to cook.
7) Coloring. I do enjoy coloring with my daughter. We pick up coloring books with pretty designs and color them in with markers and colored pencils.
8) Writing. Another given for an author, I suppose, but it is still my favorite activity.
9) Brainstorming writing ideas. I love spending a day chatting with a fellow writing friend as she and I bounce character and plot ideas off of each other. It is so exciting when someone beside yourself is anticipating the fruition of an idea.
10) Making crafts. I haven’t been spending as much time crafting of late, but I do enjoy it. From making bookmarks to crochet, I love making new things, especially when they are useful.